How to Profit From Real Estate: Ways 21 to 40
The list starts here: 100
Ways to Profit From Real Estate
By Steve Gillman
With titles linked to relevant resources, we continue with
the next twenty ways to make money from real estate...
21. Buy an RV park - Renting sites
to recreational vehicles, or "RVs," can be a great
cash flow business if you fill your spots.
22. Sell real estate
notes - You can either sell notes (mortgage loans and other
contracts for which you receive payments) you already have to
raise cash or buy and sell them for a profit.
23. Buy land and build a house - The most basic strategy
of "spec builders," this is covered in the real estate
course linked to at the bottom of the page.
24. Condo rentals - Cash flow can be good and there
is also real potential for appreciation if you buy while prices
land - More specifically, buy small parcels for cash to get
the best price and sell with easy financing to get the highest
26. Homes with extra lots - Buy a house, split off
the extra lot and sell it, then sell the home or have better
cash flow for the amount now invested - covered in the real estate
investing course linked to below.
27. HUD homes - Though they're
supposed to get a market price, these houses often sell cheap
enough to make money on them, especially after a few repairs
28. Basement conversions - I know an investor who bought
a house and created a bedroom in the basement for $1,500 to bank
a quick $10,000 profit on the resale - I cover this in the real
estate course (see the resource section below).
29. Apartment buildings - Buy for cash flow, and if
you also get price appreciation consider it a bonus.
30. Apartment building flipping
- Large income properties sell based on net income, so buying
cheap and raising the income in various ways can lead to a big
31. Buy a cheaper home - If you sell your home and
buy where houses are cheaper, you can pocket the difference and
maybe even upgrade at the same time.
32. Create shared water frontage - Buy several homes,
a piece of water frontage, and then attach a share to the title
of each property to really boost the value when you sell.
33. Wholesale real
estate - Get your cheap offers accepted and then assign them
(sell for a profit) to investors who actually want to do the
work on the properties.
upper mobile home investments - Buy mobiles that scare off
most investors and make them livable again.
35. Sell water rights - Some residents in Colorado
and other states get water "shares" with property (a
right to use a certain amount of natural water), and these can
be split off and sold separately.
a house staging business - Get paid to help others sell their
homes for more by properly presenting them.
37. Buy lots to sell to homeowners - I did this once.
There are sometimes empty lots in a town and the owners of adjacent
homes would love to buy them but don't have the money. You buy
for cash and sell at a higher price to them with nothing down
and easy payments.
land - Buy larger parcels of land and split them into smaller
ones to maximize profits when selling.
39. Buy unique properties - If you have a good feel
for how much an "earthship" home should sell for, you
can buy cheap and sell for a profit. Unique properties is one
of the topics in 69 Ways to Make Money in Real Estate (link at
bottom of this page).
40. Billboard real estate - Buy land, put up a billboard
and rent that advertising space for great cash flow - also covered
in the e-book 69 Ways to Make Money in Real Estate.
The list continues here: Methods
41 to 60