How to Profit From Real Estate: Ways 81 to 100
The list starts here: 100
Ways to Profit From Real Estate
By Steve Gillman
We continue with the last twenty ways to make money from real
estate, starting with a trick that a friend of mine used years
ago to make money from property he bought with his home.
81. Extract resources - A friend bought a small property
and sold off half the trees for thousands of dollars without
reducing the value of the land - one example of how to profit
from undervalued resources that come with some real estate.
the capital gains exemption - Live for two years in a home
and sell it for a tax-free profit, then repeat.
83. Split waterfront property - The idea here is to
buy waterfront property and then either split it to create two
parcels to sell for a profit, or split off any large area away
from the water to sell, because the waterfront piece left will
not normally lose as much value as the money gained from the
84. Government real estate auctions - There a number
of government agencies that auction off real estate, sometimes
at really low prices.
85. Be a hard money lender
- The page linked to here explains how to use such lenders if
you are a fixer-upper investor, but you can be the lender if
you have some capital, and make 15% or better on your money.
86. Lease-option fixer-upper - Leasing a home is an
easy way to get in with less money while you fix up a house for
87. Rent a yard - Some New Yorkers are renting out
space in their yards to neighbors who would like to garden but
don't have a yard. It might work in other areas.
88. Sell with a lease option
- This is a way to get significantly higher rent and a better
home investments - Most investors are not aware that you
can get better cash flow and equity buildup with mobile home
90. Modular home investments
- Buy cheap land, buy a cheap modular and put them together to
sell for a profit.
investing - Put a deposit on a condo or house before it's
built and sell for a profit when it's done.
92. Get real estate rezoned
- The idea here is to buy cheap and get the zoning changed to
make the property immediately more valuable.
93. Create a campground - Apart from the usual ways
this is done, some homeowners charge for camping in their yards
when people are attending nearby events, like concerts and rallies.
94. Create and sell real
estate options - Pay s few hundred dollars for an option
on a property and then sell the option for a big profit.
95. Grow Christmas trees - This is a good way to generate
income from land that you plan to hold for years. If you don;t
want to do it yourself, lease the land to a tree grower for ten
96. Real estate speculation
- The timing has to be right (and now is probably not the time),
but some investors have done well just buying, holding as prices
rise and selling for big gains.
97. Refinance rental property - This is a way to take
profits without selling or paying any capital gains taxes.
98. Invest in rental houses
- A solid plan for thousands of years; just be sure that you
have cash flow from the start.
99. Rent rooms in
your house - I paid off my first mortgage doing this.
100. Sandwich lease - You lease a home and then rent
it out for more than you pay, and the free real estate course
linked to below shows you how to also sell for more than you
pay on a lease option deal.
100 Ways to Make Money
With Real Estate - This is where the list begins.